A modern university with the European level of education
The University of Ruse is an autonomous state higher school. It was transformed with a Decision of the People's Assembly in 1995 and is a successor of the higher technical school, established in Ruse in 1945.
There are eight faculties in the structure of the University: Agrarian and Industrial Faculty, Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering Electronics and Automation, Faculty of Transport, Faculty of Business and Management, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Education, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Public Health and Healthcare, two Branches of Ruse University in Silistra and Razgrad and a Bulgarian and Romanian Inter-university Europa Centre.
Around 10 000 students and doctoral degree students study in state-of-the-art study halls and research laboratories, spread on 67 490 sqm (of which over 13 000 sqm in the newly built school building -2, officially opened in 2010). The teaching staff consists of 499 highly qualified full-time lecturers, of whom 49 professors, 177 associate professors and 296 Ph.D. lecturers. A great number of renowned specialists in different spheres of knowledge also teach part-time at the University. Student residences and facilities for sport and leisure are provided for all students willing to use them.
The University of Ruse was selected by the European Commission for the TEMPUS program of 18 universities from 11 Central European countries that have achieved the best results in the transformation of higher education. It is a regular member of the European Universities Association (EUA) and of the Danube Rectors' Conference (DRC). It participates in CEEPUS, SOCRATES / ERASMUS and LEONARDO DA VINCI programs. International approval is to confirm that he built and developed as a modern university with a European level of education. Due to the implementation of the credit system, the university has been conferred the ECTS label.